Tuesday, May 10th, 7PM-Norcross Garden Club Annual Meeting and Celebration-at the Cottage and in the Garden-Save the Date!
Plant Dig, Thursday, April 14th at 9:30 am
Florence Lytle’s home
5780 Manuel Place, Sugar Hill, GA 30518
Please contact Leanne Penman (770-715-4901) if you would like to join the dig. It’s best to let either Cathy (404-455-9537) or Leanne know your plans just in case the dig gets moved to another time.
Plant Sale – APRIL 22 & 23 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Sign up to work- All Members Needed! Use this link for Sign Up Genius
- PLANT SALE PREP KICK-OFF DAY is Monday, April 18th between 10-7 at the cottage. Are your 20 donated member plants potted, labeled and ready to bring on APRIL 18th?? Plant label tags are in the desk drawer on the cottage porch.
Questions about plants? Call Cathy N 404-455-9537. PLEASE do not drop-off plants before April 18th.
- April 18-21 PLANT SALE PREP WEEK. Plan time on your calendar to help prep for our big event.
- Garden TREASURES should be brought to cottage by Saturday, April 16th. If it’s a valuable item, suggest a price - it might be adjusted, but it will help. Please place items in the cottage on or near table with unpriced items. Questions? Nancy O 404-435-8579
- PLEASE ADVERTISE OUR SALE- social media, Next Door, Bulletin boards, your mailbox. Extra
postcards and posters are at the cottage. Tell your family, friends, and neighbors!
From Trudy Rudert, President, Fulton Federation of Garden Clubs
Tuesday, May 10th The Fulton Federation of Garden Clubs Awards at Bellmere Garden House, 10777 Bell Road, Johns Creek, GA 30097
Registration begins at 10:30 with the meeting and award-winning floral design speaker Gretchen Collins at 11:00. The designs Gretchen makes will represent different locales as we take a floral excursion. Her designs will be available for purchase. Lunch will be at 12:30 followed by the award presentations and raffle drawings.
Club members are encouraged to attend as representatives of their respective clubs.
Attached is the invitation and a registration form. Registrations are due May 1.
Each attendee will receive a free door prize raffle ticket. There will also be additional items to be raffled, for which you can purchase tickets. There will be at least one silent auction basket. It has a beehive theme. The table centerpieces will be available for purchase. Note: Please bring cash or checkbook since credit cards will not be accepted.
We are looking forward to this event and hope to see you on May 10th.
American Hydrangea Society- Monday, April 25, 2022, AHS Spring General Meeting
Speaker: Dr. Michael A. Dirr
Topic: “Adventures in Hydrangea Breeding: 40-years later and still chasing the dream”
- 7:00 pm Social, Dr. Dirr’s book preorders pickup
- 7:30 pm Meeting
- Plant Raffle (following program)
If you are unable to attend in person, we will be posting a link to the live stream provided by the Atlanta History Center (AHC) closer to the meeting date. The AHC will also have the video available a little later after the meeting on their YouTube channel.For more information: https://americanhydrangeasociety.membershiptoolkit.com/newsletter/05664-20220408022006-048714400-78503221
NGC Youth Earth Team members planted a Black Tupelo for GA Arbor Day at the back entrance of Norcross’ Historic Cemetery…she’s growing GREAT! The first photo is the little tree on planting day and the 2nd photo is the tree today. Thank you NGC Youth Earth Team!