It was without a doubt a collaboration of members to think outside the box for the 2020 annual plant sale. We began making plans to sell online, thanks to the proposed efforts of member and webmaster, Jolyn Barrow. Then we came up with 'divide and conquer'...that stuck and so it began that several members would open their driveways and yards over several weekends and offer for sale the plants that would have been all located at the club's cottage. What dedication by the members who provided their time and efforts. Wow, it really paid off and we extended the sale so we included the Garden Week in Ga.
Never miss a meeting - Sync our Events with your Calendar
The list of events noted below can be synchronized with your calendar from various devices and types of calendars. Click the Subscribe button found in the lower right corner. Choose the calendar and voilà, you will have your calendar updated with the events. Never miss a meeting.
FALL PLANT SALE, Thursday, November 3rd 2p-6p and Friday, November 4th 10a-6p
Saturday, November 5th, will be the clean-up day.
What we need:
- Pictures of the plants you would like to donate.Send your pictures to Gena Spears
- If possible, take pictures, while the plants are in bloom.
- List of plants you want to donate, estimate the quantity of each plant. (i.e., 10 Shasta Daisies), specific name if known (i.e., Becky Shasta) Send list to Kathy Sumner
- Names of members who want to help with plant digs. Specify when you’re available, weekdays, weekends.Please send your information to Kathy Sumner.
- If you would like help to dig from your garden, please let us know.
- Any plants that are not blooming may be dug in fall. Examples:
Astilbe, Bleeding Heart, Bearded Iris, Daylily (NO orange), Japanese Iris, Lily of the Valley,
Oriental Lilies, Peony, Veronica, Oriental Poppies, Phlox, Hostas, Coneflowers, Shasta, Tickseed, Coreopsis, Coral Bells, Any bulbs.
Please no Walking Iris
If there are too many of a particular plant, we may ask you to hold it until the Spring Sale.