The Norcross Garden Club
and the Garden Club of Georgia, Inc.
to participate in the
NGC YOUTH POETRY CONTEST
"Adventures in the Garden"
Be imaginative; express your knowledge and share your insight into the joy
and fun of gardening!
General Education: Kindergarten through 9th Grade
Special Education: Kindergarten through 9th Grade
English as a Second Language: Kindergarten through Ninth Grade
- All entries must be typed and titled on regular 8.5 x 11 inch paper.
- Include the following on the back of the entry: name of student, age, grade and school, parent/guardian name and adult's contact information (address, email, and phone).
- Entries must be sponsored by a garden club. “Generations of Gardeners” sponsoring garden club may be that of a Grandparent.
- All entries become the property of National Garden Club, Inc. and will not be returned. Make your own copies.
- Poems should follow the theme “Adventures in the Garden”.
- Poems do not have to rhyme.
- Poems may be traditional verse, acrostics, blank verse, cinquains, diamond poems (diamonte), limerick, Haiku, Lune, Tanka, tongue twisters or jump rope rhymes.
- Poetry must be submitted by November 15 to Norcross Garden Club, PO Box 576, Norcross, GA 30091 or email@example.com
Scale of Points: Title – 10; Content – 40; Creativity – 30; Style – 20
Garden Club of GA & National Garden Club Youth Poetry Contest
A State Certificate may be awarded to first place winners in each grade level for the best
poem submitted by an individual youth sponsored by a Garden Club of GA member club.
Cash awards will be $25 (1st place), $15 (2nd place) and $10 (3rd place) in each of the 30
Note: Only Regional winners are considered in the judging for National winners. National
contest winners will not be allowed to win in two consecutive years. Visit