History of The Norcross Garden Club
The club was officially recognized in 1958, however, a recent discovery of a journal found in an attic in town has revealed a club started as early as 1931. Imagine the excitement.
What's been identified thus far:
Our historical records from the Jackson family date back to 1931. February 19, 1931 a group gathered at the Presbyterian Church to organize the garden club. Their first official garden club meeting was March 19, 1931. One year later, in an article dated March 27, 1932, Mrs. B.F. Summerour, president, read a letter from the Garden Club of Georgia welcoming the club to membership.