This week in the garden – vol 76
NGC FALL PLANT SALE, Thursday, November 3rd 3p-7p and Friday, November 4th 10a-7p
- Please contact Kathy Sumner at 678-357-8684 with the list of plants you will be bringing for the plant sale. Type of plant, color of bloom and the number. If you have photos, please text or email to Kathy (678.357.8684; firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Save boxes! If you drop off boxes, please put in the shed, NOT in the cottage. It’s best to bring them on Wednesday, November 2nd.
- Drop off for plants will be on Wednesday, Nov 2nd between 10:00 and 7:00.
EVERY MEMBER IS NEEDED WHO IS ABLE, to help make this a successful event. Click here to signup:https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0e4cabad2fabfdc43-fall Signup or Contact Kathy for questions or to volunteer. (678.357.8684)
o Plant prep: potting, sorting, labeling, and marking with sale prices
o Sales assistance for customers during the sale
o Loading customer purchases
o There are many tasks that you can help with
November Meeting Tuesday, November 8th
10:00-12:00 pm At the Cottage
10:00 Social time; Meeting 10:30 to 12:00pm
Program: Holiday Decorating Using what grows in our own yard, or a neighbor’s, Cindi Aspinwall will demonstrate how to decorate a mailbox for the holidays
Please RSVP to Debbie Boyd (email@example.com) by Monday, November 7th
SAVE the DATE!
December Meeting and Holiday Party December13th 6-9pm
Bleu House catered dinner at The Norcross Cultural Arts Center. Cost is $25 per person.
Community Volunteer Opportunity, Saturday, Nov 5th, 10AM
Garden Workday at Give Center West School, 5550 Peachtree Industrial Blvd, Norcross
SAVE the DATE!
April 18-20, 2023, Garden Club of Georgia Convention at Stone Mountain Evergreen Resort
Message from Barbara Bourque, Convention Chairman: Dogwood District is hosting the GCG Convention! We want everyone to attend this "Magical" celebration. Fantastic Speakers at the afternoon workshops and meals, wonderful vendors for your shopping pleasure, great room rates at the hotel, delightful camaraderie with garden club friends. Everyone pays their own way for hotel and meals, but it still takes mega-bucks to put on a convention: Audio Visual is a major cost, speaker fees/meals, printing, tickets, signage, floral designs, etc. Therefore, we need everyone's help financially and volunteer-wise. Registration forms for Convention will be published in the December Garden Gateways magazine and distributed via email through the listserv.
Please review the attached documents:
- Volunteer sign-up sheet-All garden club members are invited to volunteer at convention.
- Sponsorship Form with descriptions of tiers-please pass on to any individuals or companies that may be interested in a sponsorship.
- Designers need driftwood for table decorations. Please see specs on the attached sheet.