This Week in the Garden – vol. 89
From Nancy and Jenny:
Please Read the following concerning Tuesday’s meeting.
- Meeting time changed to 10:20 for officer vote and a 5-minute information sharing before our Program begins at 10:30.
- Our speaker unfortunately was exposed to Covid last Tuesday. Thankfully, she has no symptoms. She will test Tuesday morning and if positive, Laurie will not be at the meeting. We will try to reschedule her presentation for another time. We will discuss other garden and club topics if Laurie cannot come to the meeting.
- Please take any health precautions necessary for your needs.
- Dues must be paid by February 15th. You may pay your membership dues at the meeting by cash, check, debit or credit card.
- Light snacks will be available in the cottage kitchen starting at 10:00. Please help yourself when you arrive. Hoping to see everyone on Tuesday. Let’s get our gardens started!
February Meeting Tuesday, February 14th at the Cottage
10:00am-Social, 10:20am-12:00pm – Meeting and Program
Member and Master Gardener, Laurie Wakefield’s presentation “Grow Vegetables from Seed”, is a sure winner for us! Gathering fresh veggies from our own gardens would be a treat!! Please RSVP by Monday, February 11 to Debbie Boyd (Debbie.firstname.lastname@example.org).
Election of Officers for 2023-2025
Club members will vote to elect officers for NGC 2023-2025 at the February 14, 2023 meeting. If you have any questions, please contact Nancy O’Reilly (404-435-8579). The new president appoints the committee chairs. Please reach out to Kathy Sumner (678.357.8684) if you would like to help.
President - Kathy Sumner
1st VP - Membership Debbie Boyd
2nd VP Programs - Gena Spears
Treasurer - Sue Wyatt
Recording Secretary - Dolores Stewart
Corresponding Secretary - Jeanette Shewbert
Did you plant a tree in 2022?
Please email Kathy Sumner(email@example.com) and let her know what trees were planted and when they were planted. Please submit to Kathy by April 1st.
Thursday and Friday April 27th-April 28th Annual Spring Plant Sale
April will be here before we know it! Start your plan for what you can dig from your garden to pass-a-long. Remember to save the sale dates and time during the preceding week on your calendar. We need all hands on deck to prepare for the sale. Questions? Contact Kathy Sumner (text:678.357.8684)
Doug Tallamy Webinar-Homegrown National Park
Thursday, February 16, 10:30 – 12:00 via ZOOM
Offered by Lifespan Resources
Lifespan Resources, a senior academy in Atlanta offering programs of interest throughout the year, is making available Doug Tallamy’s new webinar, Homegrown National Park, to anyone interested. It is a free session. Pre-Registration is required.
You may attend in person (at Peachtree Road United Methodist Church) where they will welcome Doug from Pennsylvania over Zoom, or you can join the remote Zoom session from your home or office. The remote Zoom is limited to 100 participants. After 100 participants have logged in, you won’t be able to join the remote Zoom meeting. You will receive the Zoom link when you submit your registration.
Go to the Lifespan website: https://lifespanatlanta.org/tallamy-webinar/, find the link for registering on Zoom for the Thursday webinar. Checking in that day at 10:15 is requested.
Webinar Program: Our current landscape designs are ineffective in preserving the plants, insects, and animals that sustain us. Tallamy presents steps we can take to make part of our own backyards a national park to help save our planet.
This quarter’s sessions are being offered free of charge, so the usual fee is not required. However, any donation to Lifespan would certainly be accepted.